Followers

Friday 1 February 2013

I miss my followers when I don't have time to post!

In an ideal world I would post every day. Not everybody likes to do this but I love to write and at heart I'm a blabbermouth with a lot to say :P

Today instead of posting about something practical I will post something fun and inspirational. A couple of years ago I started reading Alice Hoffman's novels. Most people know of her because her book, Practical Magic, was made into a movie. It is a truly delightful movie but it is only a tiny glimpse of what Alice Hoffman is about.

Her books are about everyday people who experience strange and wonderful things. One of her latest books is called the Red Garden and it is one of my favorites. The underlying theme of all her novels is the message that there is always hope, that the human spirit cannot be broken. That is why I love her writing.

I was delighted when I came across this project online a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had time to look through it properly but I think I will now.

It is a beautiful reproduction of the Owen's House in dollhouse scale. The Owen's house is the home of the main Characters of the novels.

Enjoy!

http://heatheraspinall.id.au/OwensHouse/index.html

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you. It's so nice when you find a good book and can find yourselves in, and perhaps think that I could even have written that.
    Have a great weekend

    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no..now you've done it..I'm going to be on that site for hours!

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun link! Makes me want to read the book now.

    Ange :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...