Followers

Thursday 22 November 2012

Mini Christmas Tree with Presents.


I have chosen to include a video of a lovely Celtic Woman's Group singing Oh Holy Night. This is one of my favorite Christmas Carols and I wish I had the vocal skills to pull it off. I started playing the piano when I was 7 and took up the flute when I was 11, so even though I'm not a good singer, my musical training taught me to notice when I voice in off key. It really makes me cringe when I hear someone butchering one of my favorite songs! I know, I should really just be nice and let everyone enjoy singing their favorite Carols. But it's impossible NOT to notice when you've spent years training yourself to pay attention to tuning.

Today I am sharing with you a tiny Christmas tree and some prezzies wrapped and placed under the tree with care.I think this is pretty cute.



I will just take a moment and say that I don't know how my American friends do it. 
Thanksgiving is in November, then Christmas is in December! The stress of all the turkey dinners, and family get togethers and family parties would really do me in.In Canada Thanksgiving is the first weekend of October.

And as for the lovely Aussies who follow my blog, I am just plain jealous that you get to celebrate Christmas in the middle of Summer! You get to go to the beach, frolic in the sunshine, enough said.

Enjoy your day everyone,

Mini Hugs,

Ruth

11 comments:

  1. That is totally my favorite song also!!! Love the little prezzies, im thinking you could fit a raisin inside each and Sammie would be overjoyed! Thinking of you and hope we can see each other this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little scene you made. I hate winter, the cold and the dark sky, but it is also synonymous with Christmas for me, we have always spent Christmas at this time and also always been interested in whether we get snow on Christmas? I love the sun and a little warmth but, Christmas may well be cozy with snow and clear frost.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: this song is very beautiful and suitable for the celebrations. I love the Christmas tree and the gifts you created .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. we drink a lot..that's how we do it :)


    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Ruth!
    I love your tiny Christmas tree with your tiny tiny presents! So pretty!
    Here in Brazil we celebrate Christmas in the Summer... ohh it's so hot... and the poor Santa Claus suffer too much with his clothes! hehehe.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Mariana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tiny Christmas tree with gifts is wonderful.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the trim and the tiny bows on your lovely little tree and gifts, great job.
    A Big Mini Hug

    ReplyDelete
  8. Except last Christmas we had no power for 9 hours and had to drink lots before the ice melted lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ruth!
    Your tree is so cute. Love the song. Thank you for following my blog. Go to my sidebar and click on giveaways. Leave a comment there soon!
    Many hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que fantastico arbol de Navidad!!!
    Me ha encantado la cancion.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! :) Time to get me a 1:1 scale Christmas tree, and of course a miniature one too! :D
    Big hugs from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...